Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thing 17: Social Cataloging

I use GoodReads to keep track of the books I've read, but more importantly, to keep a list of books I'd like to read. (Feel free to add me here: http://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i=LTM2MDQxNzM3ODA6MzYz)

I like GoodReads because so many of my library friends use it - I can see the books they recommend, and since my friends all have excellent tastes, get ideas for books to read myself.

I also really like LibraryThing, but not for my own personal use. I'm working with trying to migrate our New Books list to LibraryThing (I need Aleph to run a report that gives me ISBNs...). I have a friend who works for LibraryThing, and I've always been impressed with the way some libraries are able to integrate LibraryThing into their catalog to enhance the user's experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment