Monday, September 27, 2010

Thing 10: Twitter

Sooo... I let this little project fall the backburner. Then it fell in the fire. BUT! I've pulled it out and will desperately attempt to finish before Peer Group.

Twitter - I've been on Twitter since November of 2008. In that time, I've used twitter to network at conferences, ask local Richmond residents recommendations for restaurants and butchers, find out about events, weather and traffic in Richmond, kept up with old friends and made new friends. I've attended "tweet-ups" where people who met on twitter meet in real life. It is a great medium to keep track of your favorite celebrities and authors... for example, my favorite tweet is when I asked my favorite author, Neil Gaiman, if seeing Coraline in 3D was worth it. And he replied!


At the time of this posting, with my personal account I have tweeted 3,274 times, am following 372 people and 334 are following me. And most of them are not spam bots!

For the library account I created, we mostly use it as a way to quick publish news and upcoming  events to our website homepage. I have our blog posts automatically fed to be published in twitter as well.

Follow me @bobanda or follow JSRCC Library at @jsrcclibrary

No comments:

Post a Comment