Thursday, October 7, 2010

Missed Things: Thing 8: Screencasting and Thing 9.5: Image Generators

Oops! In my haste to finish, I skipped over a couple! So here I'm tacking on the two areas I overlooked:

Screencasting: Earlier this year I used Camtasia and Jing to create several screencasted help videos for students in our transition to Blackboard 9. Here is one I created: http://teach.reynolds.edu/BB9/Videos/BB9SSendingEmail/BB9SSendingEmail.htm

I used Camtasia because a) that's what the school has to use and b) it really is easy to use and useful for creating screencasts. One of our other librarians has been creating little videos on how to use the databases and such for our own library.

Image Generators
I can't say I'd ever really played with one of these before. I am fairly competent with Photoshop, so I usually do any image manipulation on my own. I had fun playing around with these though... I tried to make one with a picture of my cats but the website kept causing an error, so instead I'll make a flickr words thing in honor of Banned Books Month:

letter R letter E letter A letter D


letter A

letter B letter A letter N pink tag letter N letter E stencil D
IMG_5593_2 o letter O DSC_0202_2

No comments:

Post a Comment